Monday, July 11, 2011

Community, Family & Shared Mission

A snapshot of what my church is all about...


My church has become family to me. Spiritual family. The kind that Christ speaks of in Matthew 12:50. It has been 3 1/2 years since I stepped foot into Fountain of Life, endearingly known as FOL. I knew from the very first moment that this place was different. And I think this video reveals why. It reveals that God still has the power to transform communities and people whom much of the world has forgotten and become hopeless. I am blown away every day by God's transforming power through the lives of the people I now call family at FOL.

Through FOL, I have...
- grown in my hunger and thirst for the Word and given the tools to study the Word more deeply
- experienced incredible accountability towards godliness and character
- learned more about my own spiritual gifts
- been stretched, challenged, and discipled by the Holy Spirit through the relationships I have built
- developed rich friendships with people who are completely different than me
- deepened in conviction towards God's heart for the poor and the city

Halfway through year 4, we are getting ready to move into the West side of Long Beach to focus the ministry in the neighborhood where our Family Center is located. These are exciting days where many people are making deeper commitments to community, using their gifts for the Kingdom, and the neighborhood. People are intentionally growing together and moving outward in mission. Many people like myself are making moves to commit to living more incarnationally in the neighborhood that we are serving. So I am not alone.

Please pray for me that God would continue to reveal how He wants me to use my gifts for the kingdom. I just want to be faithful. And I'm so grateful that I get to partner with what God is doing in our midst.

2 comments:

  1. Love love love hearing more about your church. So exciting what God is doing in and through this church. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks friend! I love sharing about it. :) Excited for you and Dave too and all that is happening on the East Coast!

    ReplyDelete